No Due Date
Why do I need to know about text structures?
While reading, you need to know
the TYPE of text you are reading about.
Text structures that YOU need to identify are:
- Chronological Order (Sequence): How events are organized such as beginning to end, a set of directions, etc.
- Compare and Contrast: What is being compared (differences)? How are they similar (the same)?
- Cause and Effect: What happened (effect) and why did it happen (cause)?
- Problem and Solution: What is the problem and what is the solution (or resolution)?
- Description: Details that help the reader visualize information.
Watch the videos below to help you better understand each of these structures. You do not need to take notes. That will be tomorrow's homework.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.